জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের শিক্ষার্থীদের অনার্স ৩য় বর্ষের মার্কেটিং বিভাগের business statistics ii suggestion
business statistics ii suggestion
বিষয় কোড : ২৩২৩০৭
ক-বিভাগ: অতিসংক্ষিপ্ত প্রশ্ন ও উত্তর
1. What is business statistics?
Or, What is meant by business statistics?
Ans. A science assisting us to make, business decision under uncertainties based on some numerical and measurable scale is known as business statistics.
2. What is event?
Ans. One or more of the possible outcomes of doing something, or one of the possible outcomes from conducting an experiment are termed as events.
3. What is joint probability?
Ans. The Probability of two events occurring together or in succession is joint probability.
4. What is discreate random variable?
Ans. A variable that is allowed to take on only integer values.
5. What is random variable?
Ans. A variable that is allowed to take on any value with in a given range is called random variable.
6. What is the probability distribution?
Ans. A Probability distribation is a statistical function that describes all the possible values and likelihoods that a random variable can take witan a given ranghi.
7. What is sample?
Ans. Sample is a portion of the elements of a population which is selected for direct measurement.
8. What is population?
Ans. A population is the collection of all possible objects having certain and same characteristic under a study.
9. Define degree of freedom?
Ans. The number of unrestricted chances for variation in the measurement being made is called degree of freedom.
10. What do you mean by census?
Ans. The measurement or examination of every element in the population is called census.
11. What is meant by sample survey?
Ans. A technique of selecting a part of the population and collecting information from the selected individuals is known as sample survey.
12. What is parameters?
Or, Define Parameter.
Ans: Characteristic or measure obtained from a population is called parameter.
13. What is meant by type 1 error?
Ans. Type 1 error is the rejecting a null hypothesis when it is true.
14. What is test of hypothesis?
Ans. A statistical procedure that is used to provide evidence in favour of same statement is called test of hypothesis.
15. What is the critical value?
Ans. The value of the standard statistic (z or t) beyond which we reject the null hypothesis; the boundary between the acceptance and rejection regions.
16. What is degree of freedom?
Ans. The number of independent observed values depending on wohich statistic are counted is called degree of freedom.
17. What is rejection region?
Ans. Rejection region is Set of all values which would cause us to reject Ho.
18. What is sampling error?
Ans. Difference which occers when between the sample statistic and he population parameter due to the fact that the sample is not a perfect representation of the population.
19. What is small sample?
Ans. If the sample units in a population are less than 30<n<30 then the sample is called small sample.
20. What is dependent variable?
Ans. Dependent variable is the variable we are tiring to predict in regression analysis.
21. What is meant by r= + 1, r=-1 and r=0?
Ans. The value of r = + 1, Means the perfect positive correlation. The value of r = -1, Means the perfect negative correlation.
The value of r = 0 Means the zero (0) correlation.
22. What is meant by multiple regression?
Ans: The statistical process by which more then two variables are used to predct another variable.
23. Define slope.
Ans: A constant for any given straight line whose value represents how much each unit change of the independent variable changes the dependent variable is called slope.
24. What is correlation Analysis?
Ans. A technique to determine the degree to which variables are linearly related is referred to correcation analysis.
25. What is Test statistic?
Ans. The Test statistics sample statistics used to decide whether to reject or fail to reject the null hypothesis.
26. What is chi-square test?
Ans. The chi-square test is one of the simplest and most widely used non-para-metric tests in statistical work.
27. What is F-distribution?
Ans. F-distribution is a statistical technique that is used to test the equality of population means.
28. What is Partial correlation?
Ans. Partial correlation is the measure of Association Between two variables, while controlling or adjusting the effect of one or more additional variable.
খ-বিভাগ: সংক্ষিপ্ত প্রশ্ন
1. Explain the concept of conditional probability.
2. Write down the difference between a priori and posterior of probability?
3. Different between population and sample.
4. Distinguish between sampling and non-sampling error.
5. Discuss the procedure of testing hypothesis.
6. Distinguish between z-test and t-test.
7. What are the assmumption of ANOVA?
8. Discuss the model of multiple Regression equations.
9. 4 cards are drawn from a pack of 52 cards without replacement. Find the probability of getting 3 aces.
10. The average percentage of failures in a certain examination is 40. What is the probability that out of a group of 6 candidates, at least 4 passed in the examination?
11. Find the probability of getting 3 heads tossing 5 coins.
12. A normal distribution has mean 21 and standard deviation 3. Find out probability that a random variable x is between 16 and 18.
13. The mean and standard deviation of a binomial distribution are 4 and √2 respectively. What is the value of n and p?
14. A audit officer has determined from prior experience the 60% of his clients customers respond to initial requests for confirmation, of their account balances. If a simple random sample of 25 customers is sent requests for confirmation. What is the probability that 50 percent or more will respond?
15. The mean length of life of a certain cutting tool is 41.5 hours with a standard deviation of 2.5 hours. What is the probability that a simple random sample of size 50 drawn from this population will have a mean between 40.5 hours and 42 hours?
16. A random sample of 160 people is taken and 120 were in fervor of liberalizing licensing regulations. Which 95% confidence, what proportion of all people are in fervor? (‘z’ value with 95% confidence for two-tailed test is 1.96)
17. A sample of 900 members is found to have a mean of 3.4 cm. Can it be reasonably regarded as a sample from a large population of mean 3.25 cm and standard deviation 2.61 cm? Also obtain 95% confidence limits of mean.
18. The average percentage of failures in a certain examination is 40. What is the probability that out of a group of 6 candidates, at least 4 passed in the examination?
19. A sample of 81 observations is false from a normal population. The sample maser is 40 and the sample standard deviation is 5. Determine the 95% confidence interval for the population mean.
গ-বিভাগ: রচনামূলক প্রশ্ন
1. What do you understand by estimation? In what sense, do you consider mation as procedure of decision-making?
2. Discuss about hypothesis testing about population correlation coefficient.
3. Show the Differences between one way ANOVA and two wat ANOVA.
4. What are the imitations and advantages of multiple Regression Analysis?
5. Explain the concept of multiple regression and try to find out an example in practical field where multiple regression analysis is likely to be helpful.
6. A manufacturing firm produces steel pipes in 3 plants with daily production volumes of 500, 1000 and 2000 units respectively. According to past experience, it is known that the fraction of defective output produced by three plants are respectively 0.005, 0.008, 0.010. If a pipe is selected from a day’s total production and found to be defective, find the probability that it came from the first plant.
7. A manufacturing company produces plastic pipes in 3 plants with daily production volumes 2,000, 1,000 and 500. Among their daily thousand production 10, 8 and 5 items are defective respectively. If a pipe is chosen a random and it found defective, find out-
i. From which plant for this defective pipe, the probability is highest?
ii. What is the probability that it came from the third plant?
8. A box contains 8 red, 3 blue and 9 green balls. If 3 balls are drawn at random, determine the probability that :
i. All 3 are red., ii. All 3 are blue., iii. At least 1 is blue., iv. 2 are red and 1 green., v. 1 of each color.
9. A telephone operator receives 3 telephone calls on average per minute from 10 a.m. to 12 a.m. Find the probability that is a certain minute of the given time interval of the day, the operator receives i. no calls; ii. at least two calls; iii. at least two calls.
10. The mean of a binomial distribution is 60 and standard deviation 6. Calculate n, p and q.
11. In a simple random sample of 600 men taken from a big city in which 400 are found to be smokers. In another simple random, sample of 900 men taken from another city in which 450 are found smokers. Do the data indicate that there is a significant difference in the habit of smoking in the two cities?
জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের মার্কেটিং অনার্স ৩য় বর্ষের প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থীরা, এই লিংকে ক্লিক করে business statistics ii suggestion pdf download করে নাও। কোর্সটিকায় আমরা মার্কেটিং বিভাগের সকল বিষয়ের সাজেশন প্রকাশ করেছি। যা তোমরা সম্পূর্ণ ফ্রিতে সংগ্রহ করতে পারবে।