Features of hsc english 2nd paper test paper pdf download is : We have designed this book in four parts namely A, B, C and D. Part A and Part B contain ‘Grammar’ and ‘Composition’ respectively covering the revised short syllabus. Also, there are Exclusive Model Tests based on the revised question pattern & marks distribution for HSC Exam 2022.
A complete set of answers has been provided in Part D. To ease your practice within the short time, we have added necessary Answer Analysis regarding grammar test items, vocabulary & Bangla translation to the relevant sections. If you practice the book properly, you are expected to get rid of all the confusions regarding any test item and take complete preparation for the Exam.
The main features of the book are
- Ample practice material on Grammar Question items based on the analysis of the Board Exam Questions and the Test Exam Questions of renowned schools.
- Grammar theory along with easy and clear rules of solving grammar test items.
- Enrichment of the most important topics of the composition part (formal letter and paragraph) based on the analysis of the Board Exam questions and the topmost colleges’ Test Exam questions.
- Answer Analysis of Grammar Test items.
- Contents on Recent topics.
- Board and Test Exam Questions’ Analysis
- Exclusive Suggestions with highest common possibility
- Sample Question and Answer
- Exclusive Model Test and Answers
hsc english 2nd paper test paper pdf download
1. Fill in the blanks in the following text with articles (a/an/the) as necessary. Some of the blanks may not require an article. Put a cross (×) in those blanks.
Once there was (a) — idle king. He did not undergo physical labour. As (b) — result, he became fat and could not move from once place to another. He called in (c) — experienced doctor. (d) — doctor was clever and wise. He did not prescribe any medicine for (e) — king. He asked the king to buy (f) — heavy club and move it in (g) — air till he got (h) — tired. Following the instruction of the doctor, he became (i) — thin from (j) — obes man.
2. Complete the text with suitable prepositions.
The environment plays a vital role (a) — our life. (b) — short, what we have (c) — us including people, houses, air, water etc. is called environment. These are the main elements (d) — our environment. (e) — ensuring sound life the balance (f) — the natural elements is very significant. Sometimes (g) — lack of knowledge, we don’t realize the importance (h) — it. As a result, we are polluting our environment unknowingly. Living (i) — a polluted environment is undoubtedly a matter (j) — great regret.
3. Complete the sentences with suitable phrases/ words given in the box.
(a) The majority of the people in Bangladesh are free from arsenic. They — use arsenic free water to save themselves from it.
(b) — was a king who lost his kingdom defeated by his enemies. He wished to regain his kingdom at any cost.
(c) Student: Sir, — the Statue of Liberty —?
Teacher: It is in the form of a woman symbolizing liberty.
(d) Bangladesh has won at least one match against almost all test playing countries in ODI. The players — try to win the World Cup Cricket.
(e) George Bernard Show — in a poor family. He first worked as a clerk for Dublin State Agent. When he started writing, he quit the job.
(f) Our school has two sessions a day. — the first session ends, the second session starts.
(g) Mr. Sifat is the owner of a mango orchard. But the never allows his friends and relatives to visit the orchard — entertains them with sweet mangoes.
(h) Robert Brush was inspired by a spider. — he did not take shelter in a cave? He fought against the enemies for the seventh time and had his lost kingdom.
(i) — knowing and seeing more and more? It is interesting because the curiosity to know more eventually results in epoch making discoveries and inventions.
(j) Television has a great educative value. The authority — telecast educative program than harmful ones.
4. Complete the sentences with suitable/phrases/words.
(a) He was working sincerely so that —
(b) I will keep waiting until —
(c) — let alone enjoying a movie.
(d) It is true that —.
(e) I did not like the way he —.
(f) He interrupted me while —.
(g) He started talking as if —.
(h) I could not think of —.
(i) He was so grateful —.
(j) I wish I —.
5. Read the text and fill in the gaps with correct form of verbs as per subject and context.
A proverb goes that time and tide waits for none. None (a) — (call) it back. A man (b) — (get) back his lost money and health but cannot get back his lost time. Time once lost (c) — (lose) forever. So we (d) — (make) the best use of our time. We (e) — (do) our work in time. If we put off our work for tomorrow, we do not get time to do it at all. There are some people who waste time for nothing. They cannot prosper in life. They (f) — (depend) on others. If we read the biography of the great men, we (g) — (realize) it. They (h) — (not, waste) a single moment uselessly. They (i) — (be) very industries from their childhood. We can prosper in life only by (j) — (follow) their life.
6. Read the text and change the sentences as directed.
Rabindranath, the 14th child of Debendranath, wrote his first verse at the age of eight. (a) When he was 17 years old, he was sent for studies (Simple). (b) He described London as a dismal city (Passive). (c) Though he was happy in Brighton, a friend of the family persudaded his brother to send him to London (Compound). (d) He was lucky to get a friendly English family (Complex) (e) Rabindranath is one of the greatest poets in the world (Positive). In 1880, Rabindranath was called back to India.
7. Re-write the following in the direct speech:
As we shook our hands, she told me to follow her example. Then she forbade me to eat more than one thing for luncheon replied that I would do better thing than that. I added that I would eat nothing for dinner that night. Jumping into the cab, she called me a humorist.
8. Identify the unclear pronoun references in the following paragraph. Where necessary, rewrite the sentences so that all pronoun references are clear.
Translation is an art. it takes a great deal of creativity and patience to do the translation well. It also takes stamina, for translators are underpaid and underappreciated. They are often left off the covers of it they create. In fact, we owe a good deal to a good number of hardworking people and organizations who are responsible for making it available. We thank most notably them who take the financial risk to publish and promote them in an increasingly crowded market.
9. Read the following text and use modifiers as directed in the blank spaces.
Newspaper plays a very (a) — (pre-modify the noun) role in modern civilization. It publishes news and view of home and abroad. Only (b) — (pre-modify the noun) knowledge is not enough in this competitive world. A newspaper helps man (c) — (post-modify the verb with infinitive) his general knowledge. Besides academic books, one should read newspapers (d) — (post-modify the verb). Newspaper helps one (e) — (post-modify the verb with an infinitive) the fact of the world. (f) — (pre-modify the verb with a present participle phrase) regularly, one can be aware of everything. They are (g) — (pre-modify the noun) kinds of newspapers. One should select the newspaper (h) — (post-modify the verb). One should choose the (i) — (pre-modify the noun) paper because many newspapers present news partially. Whatever the paper is, it (j) — (pre-modify the verb) helps a man.
10. Use appropriate sentence connectors in the blank space of the following passage.
Sports are a popular form of entertainment. (a) — many international sporting events are organized from time to time. (b) — these events are sponsored by multinational manufacturing companies and business firms. (c) — they pay for the sports events in exchange for the right to advertise their products during those events (d) —, the sponsors products receive maximum media coverage thus giving companies international recognition. This is only the commercial aspect of the international sport. (e) — there are other aspects too. (f) — the sports venue becomes a meeting place of the people from different countries, (g) — people of different nation get together on the occasion of an international sporting event, they come closer to each other. (h) — they can share views, opinions and friendship. This opportunity creates a sense of brotherhood. (i) —, getting acquainted with different culture helps to break down prejudice and broaden outlook. (j) — globalization has anything to do with the development of international relationship, sporting events can certainly contribute in a big way.
11. Read the passage and then write the antonym or synonym of the words as directed below:
“It will be better than for me to try to send him things. I could so easily duplicate- skates, for instance.” She blinked her” honest spinster’s eyes. “There’s not much use for skates here,” she said. Her stupidity annoyed me. What mean,” I said “Is that I don’t want to duplicate the things his mother sends him. I might have chosen skates if I didn’t know she had already given them to him.” She stared at me. “I don’t understand,” she said. “He has no mother, He has no skates.’”
(a) try (synonym) (b) duplicate (synonym) (c) instance (synonym) (d) blinked (synonym) (e) stupidity (antonym) (f) annoyed (antonym) (g) mean (synonym) (h) send (synonym) (i) understand (synonym) (j) no (antonym).
12. There are ten errors in the use of punctuation marks in the following text. Rewrite the text correcting the errors.
Dhaka the capital of our country has been remarked as a mega city. Side by side it has also been remarked as the most polluted city of the world. The population of Dhaka city is on ever increase no one knows when it will stop. Rather instead of decreasing the population of the city is increasing very rapidly day by day. The question arises who are responsible for this. The answer is not very far to seek but cannot be told because the destroyers should have been the protectors.
Part B: Composition: 40 Marks
13. Suppose, you want to get admission in IBA department of BRAC University. Send an email to the head of the department asking to know the requirements for the admission.
14. Suppose, you are a reporter of a national daily. You have recently visited the border area of Bangladesh and Myanmar. Now, write a report of about 120 words on the miseries of the Rohingya people living in the area. Give a title to your report.
15. Write a paragraph showing contrast between Bangladeshi Music and Western Music. Use 150 words.
16. Is digitalization necessary in education of Bangladesh? Write at least 200 words but don’t exceed 250 words.
►► আরো দেখো: এইচএসসি অন্যান্য বিষয়ের টেস্ট পেপার
উপরে দেয়া প্রথম ও দ্বিতীয় পত্রের আলাদা আলাদা ডাউনলোড বাটনে ক্লিক করে hsc english 2nd paper test paper pdf download করে নাও। ডাউনলোড করতে অসুবিধা হলে আমাদের ফেসবুক পেজে ইনবক্স করো। শিক্ষার্থীরা অন্যান্য বিষয়ের নোট ও সাজেশান্স পেতে আমাদের YouTube চ্যানেলটি SUBSCRIBE করতে পারো এই লিংক থেকে।