জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের অনার্স ৩য় বর্ষ ব্যবস্থাপনা বিভাগের management accounting pdf suggestion
management accounting pdf
বিষয় কোড : ২৩২৬১৩
ক-বিভাগ: অতিসংক্ষিপ্ত প্রশ্ন ও উত্তর
1. What is the elaboration of AICPA?
Ans: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
2. What do you mean by GAAP?
Ans: The accounting principles that are generally accepted all over the world is called generally accepted accounting principles or GAAP.
3. Elaborate ‘GAAP’.
Ans: Generally accepted accounting principles.
4. What is cost behavior?
Ans: Cost behavior is the way which reacts of responds to changes is the level of business activity.
5. What is the product cost?
Ans: The cost costs that are involved in the purchase or manufacture of goods is called product cost. In case of manufactured goods these costs consist of direct materials, direct labour and manufacturing overhead.
6. What is manufacturing overhead?
Ans: All costs associated with the manufacturing process expect direct materials and direct labour.
7. Define conversion cost?
Or, What is conversion cost?
Ans: The term used to describe direct labour cost combined with manufacturing overhead cost is called conversion cost.
8. What is prime cost?
Ans: Prime cost is the summation of direct materials, direct labour and direct expenses.
9. What is cost statement?
Ans: The statement that shows all the costs related to cost of production is called cost statement.
10. What is sunk cost?
Ans: The cost that has already been incurred and that cannot be changed by any decision made now or in the future is called sunk cost.
11. Which costing method is useful in external reporting?
Ans: Absorption costing is used for external reporting.
12. Which costing method is also known as “Full costing”?
Ans: Absorption costing is also known as full costing.
13. What is marginal cost?
Or, Define marginal cost?
Ans: The additional cost resulting from producing and selling one additional unit is called marginal cost.
14. What is unavoidable cost?
Ans. A cost that cannot be influenced at the business. unit level but is controllable at the corporate level is called unavoidable cost.
15. Define BEP (Break even point).
Or, What is break even point?
Ans: The level of activity at which an organization neither earns a profit nor incurs a loss. The break even point can also be defined as the point where total revenue equals total cost and as the point where contribution margin total equals total fixed costs.
16. What is the contribution margin ratio?
Ans: The contribution margin per unit expressed as a percentage of selling price per unit. This term is synonymous with profit-volume ratio.
17. What do you mean by margin of safety?
Or, What is margin of safety?
Ans: The excess of budgeted or actual sales over the break-even volume is margin of safety.
18. What is sales mix?
Ans: The relative combination in which a company’s product are sold. Sales mix is computed by expressing the sales of each product as a percentage of total sales.
19. What is opportunity cost?
Ans: The value of benefit sacrificed when one course of action is chosen, in preference to an alternative. The opportunity cost is represented by the foregoing potential benefit from the best rejected course of action. This is the cost of sacrificing the best alternative.
20. What is fixed cost?
Ans: Fixed costs as any costs that do not fluctuate during the fiscal year. Fixed costs are not affected in any way by changes in production, revenue or expenses.
21. What is working capital?
Ans. Working Capital simply refers to the capital which is required to finance current assets.
22. What is activity based budget? (
Ans: The budget which is depends on activity is called activity based budget.
23. What is capital budgeting?
Ans: Capital budgeting refers to the planning of expenditure whose returns are expected to spreadover a series of years.
24. What is flexible budget?
Or, What do you mean by flexible buget?
Ans Flexible Budget is a budget which is designed to change in accordance with the level of activity actually attained.
25. Define cash budget?
Or, What is cash budget?
Ans: Cash budget is plan indicating expected inflows (receipts) and outflows (disbursements) of cash.
26. What is IRR?
Ans: IRR method is an alternative method of NPV. The rate at which the NPV is zero. Thus, it does not involve any assumptions about interest rate.
27. What is standard costing?
Ans: Standard costing is a technique of costing which uses standards for cost and revenue for the purpose of control through variance analysis.
28. What do you mean by variance analysis?
Or, What is variance analysis?
Ans: According to CIMA variance analysis is a process of determining variance and causes of it.
29. What is material price variance?
Ans: It refers to that portion of material cost variance which is due to the difference between the standard prices specified and the actual price for direct materials used.
30. What is overhead variance?
Ans: Overhead variance as the absorbed in the output achieved and the actual overhead incurred.
খ-বিভাগ: সংক্ষিপ্ত প্রশ্ন
1. Distinguish between management accounting and financial accounting.
2. Discuss the role of management accounting in the decision making process in the business.
3. What is meant by product life cycle management?
4. What are the purpose of cost classification?
5. Show the difference between expenditure and expenses.
6. Discuss the feature/characteristics of variable
7. What do you mean by absorption costing?
8. Show the differeneces between differential cost and marginal cost.
9. State the assumptions of cost-volume Profit Analysis.
10. What factors will you consider at the time of ‘Make or Buy’ decision.
11. What are the difference between fixed budget and flexible budget.
12. Distinguish between budget and budgetary control.
13. Discuss advantages of flexible budget.
14. Discuss the method of standard costing.
গ-বিভাগ: রচনামূলক প্রশ্ন
1. The Jahan Corporation is using 20,000 units of part M-5 as a component to assemble one of its products.
It costs the company to produce it internally having itemized expenditures as follows:
Direct materials Tk. 1,45,000; Direct labour Tk. 1,60,000; Variable overhead Tk. 90,000; Fixed overhead Tk. 2,90,000.
An outside vendor has just offered to supply the part for Tk. 32 per unit. If the company stops producing this part, one-fourth of the fixed overhead would be avoided.
Should the company make or buy the part.
2. Beximco produces 9,000 units in two shifts. The cost of which are: Materials Tk. 1,35,000; Labour Tk. 1,08,000; Factory overhead Tk. 72,000; Administrative expenses Tk. 45,000 and Selling expenses Tk. 36,000. 75% of the factory overhead, 80% of the administrative overhead and 50% of the selling overhead are fixed. Beximco wants to start third shift in order to increase production proportionately. If the third shift is started, the cost of all materials will reduce by 5%. Labour rate of the third shift will increase by 25%. Fixed factory overhead will increase by Tk. 13,500 and the selling price to be reduced from Taka 55 to Taka 52.
Required: Should the third shift be started?
3. TQM Enterprise wants to install a machine costing Tk. 5,00,000 with a life expectancy of 5 years and Tk. 50,000 as residual value. The machine is expected to yield an annual net cash benefit of Tk. 1,50,000. The machine will also require a working capital of Tk. 40,000. If the required rate of return is 12%, should the project be accepted by TQM Enterprise?
4. Moon Star Company provided the following data for May, 2012 :
Sales Tk. 72,000; marketing expenses Tk. 3,600; administrative expenses Tk. 72,000; other expenses Tk. 360, purchase Tk. 36,000; factory expenses 10,000; direct labour Tk.15,000.
management accounting pdf suggestion
• Beginning (Tk.)
• Ending (Tk.)
• Beginning (Tk.)
• Ending (Tk.)
• Beginning (Tk.)
• Ending (Tk.)
Required: Cost of goods manufactured.
5. The following information is obtained from the cost record of ABC manufacturing company :
• Total manufacturing cost -3,00,000 TK
• Closing inventories of finished goods -42,000 TK
• Cost of finished goods -2,80,000.Tk
• Work-in-progress (closing) -20,000 TK
Factory overhead was applied 30% of total manufacturing cost and direct labour cost was 15% of factory overhead. Administrative and selling S expenses Tk. 45,000. Total sales during the period 1 was Tk. 3,10,000.
Prepare a cost sheet from the above information.
6. The following data are for the East-West Limited :
Particulars January February
• Sales (in units)- 4,000 6,000
• Production (in units)- 8,000 2,000
• Sales price per unit- 20 20
• Fixed factory overhead- 24,000 24,000
• Direct manufacturing cost per unit- 10 10
• Fixed factory overhead, per unit- 3 3
• Selling and administrative expenses- 8,000 8,000
You are required to prepare comparative income statement based on absorption costing method.
7. BSRM Company is comparing is present’s absorption costing practing practice with variable costing methods. An examination of its produced the following information :
• Budgeted Production- 45,000 units
• Budgeted fixed Factory overhead- TK. 85,000
• Fixed marketing and administrative expenses- TK. 25,000
• Sales price per unit- TK. 15
• Standard variable manufacturing cost per unit- TK. 7
• Variable marketing expenses per unit- TK. 2
For the year the folowing data are avilable:
• Actual production- 35,000 units
• Actual sales units- 34,000 units
• Finished goods inventory January 1- 1,200 units
• Unfavorable variance from standera cost- TK. 7,000
a. Prepare variable costing income statement.
b. Prepare absorption costing income statement.
জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ব্যবস্থাপনা অনার্স ৩য় বর্ষের প্রিয় শিক্ষার্থীরা, এই লিংকে ক্লিক করে management accounting pdf suggestion download করে নাও। কোর্সটিকায় আমরা ব্যবস্থাপনা বিভাগের সকল বিষয়ের সাজেশন প্রকাশ করেছি। যা তোমরা সম্পূর্ণ ফ্রিতে সংগ্রহ করতে পারবে।