punctuate the following passage honours 2nd year : জাতীয় বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের অনার্স ২য় বর্ষের নন-মেজর ইংরেজির গুরুত্বপূর্ণ একটি টপিক হচ্ছে- Punctuation রাইটিং। তোমরা মাধ্যমিক থেকেই Punctuation লিখতে অভ্যস্ত। এ প্রশ্নে মূলত একটি প্যাসেজ দেয়া থাকে, যেটিকে কমা, ফুলস্টপসহ অন্যান্য বিরামচিহ্ন দিয়ে সাজাতে বলা হয়।
বিষয়টি খুবই সহজ। আজ কোর্সটিকায় আমরা punctuate the following passage সম্পর্কে জানব। আমি তোমাদের জন্য একটি পিডিএফ হ্যন্ডনোট তৈরি করেছি, যেখানে তোমরা পরীক্ষা উপযোগি গুরুত্বপূর্ণ ২০টি Punctuation সংক্রান্ত প্রশ্ন পাবে। প্রতিটি প্রশ্নই আমরা উত্তরসহ তৈরি করেছি।
punctuate the following passage
1. mr maruf is a teacher at dhaka university his wife is a secretary in multinational company when i went to his house last tuesday i found him trying to feet his son a very beautiful baby.
Ans: Mr Maruf is a teacher at Dhaka University. His wife is a Secretary in a Multinational When I went to his house last Tuesday I found him trying to feed his son, Mr maroof is company very beautiful baby.
2. why don’t you attend classes regularly the teacher said to the boy you cannot expect good results unless you attend classes
Ans: “Why don’t you attend classes regularly”, the teacher said to the boy. “You cannot evne expect good results unless you attend classes.
3. will you buy my hair asked della i buy hair said madame take your hat off and lets have SIght the looks of it
Ans: “Will you buy my hair?” asked Della. ” I buy hair.” said Madame. “Take your hat off and let’s have a sight at the looks of it.”
4. Wnere did you get to asked his mother where i wanted to go he cried angrily thats right said uncle oscar dont stop until you get there
Ans: “Where did you get to?” asked his mother. ‘Where I wanted to go,” he cried angrily. “That’s right,” said uncle Oscar, “don’t stop until you get there.”
5. anwar asked mrs amin what kind of stories aesop had told mrs amin replied that he had told fables she asked him if he knew what fables were anwar replied in the negative mrs amin thanked him and continued that fables are stories with a message or a moral
Ans: Anwar asked Mrs Amin what kind of stories Aesop had told. Mrs Amin replied that he had told fables. She asked him if he knew what fables were. Anwar replied in the negative. Mrs Amin thanked him and continued that fables are stories with a message or a normal.
6. an accent is a different method of pronouncing the language though the words will for the most part be the same in many societies accent is a way to recogniye members of a class or group and gauge their level of education in britain accent is an indication of social class as well as Which part of the country the speaker comes from
Ans: An accents a different method of pronouncing the language, though the words will, for the. for the most part, be the same. In many societies accent is a way to recognize members of a class or group and their leyel of education. In Britain accent is an indication of social class as well as which part of the country the speaker comes from.
7. alexander the great was the king of macedon he was the son of phillip a mighty king of sparta he invaded India about 327 years before the birh of christ on the way he defeated porus and marched towards the punijab
Ans: Alexander the great was the king of Macedon. He was the son of Phillip, a mighty king of Sparta. He Invaded India about 327 years before the birth of Christ. On the way he defeated Porus and marched towards the Punjab.
8. did you enjoy yourselves on the beach mrs jonson asked mary yes thanks mary said but susan cut he foot how did she do that mrs jonson asked she trod on a sharp piece of glass mary said
Ans: “Did you enjoy yourselves on the beach?” Mrs Jonson aksked Mary. “Yes, thanks,” Mary said, “but Susan cut her foot.” “How did she do that? “Mrs Jonson asked. “She trod on a sharp piece of glass,” Mary said.
9. they could see the smoke from the end of the street its our house elsa shouted it can be alan said but he knew that elsa was right and they both began to run there was a small crowd in the street outside their honse smoke was coming out of the front window of the downstairs room but there was no sign of any flames
Ans: They could see the smoke from the end of the strect. “It’s our house,” Elsa shouted. “It can be,” Alan said. But he knew that Elsa was right and they both began to run. There was a small crowd in the strect outside their house. Smoke was coming out of the front-window of the downstairs room. But there was no sign of any flames.
10. i was reading an article about sleep in a magazine the other day his brother said the writers advice was try to relax before you go to sleep but how roy asked well why don’t you listen to some music something pleasant roy was willing to try anything but what sort of music he liked pop music but that was probably too noisy so he decided to play some classical music and iust before he went to bed that night he put on a record of mozart in fifteen.minutes he was fast asleep
Ans: “I was reading an article about sleep in a magazine tlhe other day,”his brother said.”The writer’s advice was : Try to relax before you go to sleep.” “But how?” Roy asked. “Well, why don’t you listen to some music, something pleasant?” Roy was willing to try anything. But what sort of music he liked? Pop music and Just before he went to ed that night he put on a record of mozart. In fifteen minutes he was fast asleep.
11. don’t be a fool someone shouted wait for the fireman they’ll be here any minute but alan knew that he must not wait he put a handkerchief over his face and ran up the stairs he pushed open the door of his father in laws room old mr cox was sleeping peacefully
Ans: “Don’t be a fool,” someone shouted. “Wait for the firemen. They’ll be here any minute But Alan knew that he must not wait. He put a handkerchief c stairs. He pushed open the door of his father-in-law’s room, over his’ face and ran up the Old Mr Cox was sleeping peacefuly.
12. by the time mostaq was nine he used to vanish from home two or three times a year sometimes he covered quite long distances on foot on other occasions he got on a even a train and simply sat there until someone asked for his ticket generally the police brought him home why do you do it they used to ask you are not unhappy at home are you of course not mostaq replied then why i just like seeing places mostag told them
Ans: By the time Mostaq was nine he used to vanish from home two or three times a year. Sometimes, he covered quite long distances on foot. On other occasions he got on a got on a bus or even a train and simply sat there until someone asked for his ticket. Generally, the police brought him home. “Why do you do it?” They used to ask, “You are not unhappy at home, are you?” “Of course not,” Mostaq replied. “Then why?” ” I just like seeing places,” Mostaq told them.
13. looking at mita the teacher said what are you doing mita said sorry i don’t want to disturb you i wanted to borrow har pen the ink of my pen has run out ok i see the teacher side
Ans: Looking at Mita, the teacher said, “What are you doing?” Mita said, “Sorry, don’t want to disturb you. I wanted to borrow her pen. The ink of my pen has run out”. “Ok, I see,” the teacher said.
14. akbar was born during his fathers exile at omarkat at sind in 1542 on his accession he made boiram khan nis mothers brother his guardian and under his guidance he defeated himu general of muhammad adil shah at the battle of panipath in 1556
Ans: Akbar was born during his father’s exile at Omarkat at Sind in 1542. On his accession, he made Boiram Khan, his mother’ s brother his guardian and under his guidance, he defeated Himu, general of Muhammad Adil Shah at the battle of Panipath in 1556.
15. you look a little bit Iike my mother he said but you were only four jerry when you came here do you remember her face all these years my mother lives in manville haye you seen her lately she said
Ans: “You look a little bit like my mother. he said”, “But you were only four, Jerry when you come here Only four, Jerry when you came here. Do you remember her face all these years?” “My mother lives in Manville: “Have you seen her lately?” she said.
⮞ আরো দেখো: Compulsory ইংরেজির সকল টপিকের উত্তর
অনার্স ২য় বর্ষের শিক্ষার্থীরা, উপরে আমরা তোমাদের বার্ষিক পরীক্ষার প্রশ্নপত্রের আলোকে punctuate the following passage প্রকাশ করেছি। তোমাদের পরীক্ষা এই প্যাটার্ন অনুযায়ীই অনুষ্ঠিত হবে। যেহেতু English (Compulsory) Non-Credit অনার্স ২য় বর্ষের সকল ডিপার্টমেন্টের পরীক্ষার্থীদের জন্য বাধ্যতামূলক, তাই তোমাদের এ মডেল টেস্টগুলো অনুশীলন করা উচিত।
উপরে দেয়া Answer Sheet বাটনে ক্লিক করে এর উত্তরমালা ডাউনলোড করে নাও। ডাউনলোড করতে অসুবিধা হলে আমাদের ফেসবুক পেজে ইনবক্স করো। শিক্ষার্থীরা অন্যান্য বিষয়ের নোট ও সাজেশান্স পেতে আমাদের YouTube চ্যানেলটি SUBSCRIBE করতে পারো এই লিংক থেকে।